4.2 Series Release Notes¶
- Wildcard can be used instead of metric name in Dynamic aggregates API.
- Dynamic Aggregate API have a new method called ‘rateofchange’.
- A new format for the batch payload is available to allow to pass the archive policy description
- Gnocchi now strictly respects the archive policy configured timespan when storing aggregates. Before, it could keep up to the number of points defined in the archive policy, keeping more than the configured timespan. The timespan duration is now strictly respected. Gnocchi only keeps the points between the last aggregated timestamp and the last aggregated timestamp minus the duration of the archive policy timespan.
- A new date type is available for resource type attribute: datetime.
- Gnocchi now provides a new /v1/influxdb endpoint that allows to ingest data from InfluxDB clients. Only write is implemented. This should ease transition of users coming from InfluxDB tools such as Telegraf.
- Metricd exposes a new option called greedy (true by default) that allows to control whether eager processing of new measures is enabled when available.
- Gnocchi API can act as Prometheus Remote Write Adapter to receive Prometheus metrics. The endpoint to configure in Prometheus configuration is https://<gnocchi-host-port>/v1/prometheus/write.
- The deprecated dynamic aggregation (moving average) has been removed.
- Aggregates API output introduced in 4.1.0 doesn’t allow for easy identification of which timeseries is associated with what metrics/resources that have been queried. This have been fixed, but the new output format is not backwards compatible with the format released in 4.1.0.